Only Birth Records that have been registered in Yolo County are available - if the birth occurred in another county, please contact that county
Effective July 1, 2015, Homeless Person No Fee Birth Record Request. Please Click Here for more Information & Forms
Effective January 1, 2014, the fee for a certified copy of a birth certificate will increase from $23.00 to $25.00 Per AB1053 (H&S 103625)& AB110 (H&S 100425, 100430 & 100435
OUT OF HOSPITAL BIRTH REGISTRATION (information)
|Copy of Birth Record||$25.00|
|Copy of Birth Record for Government Agency||$19.00|
|In Lieu of Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (SASE)||$1.00|
|Express Mail (Optional)||$22.95|
Click Here For Payment Methods
Each request for an authorized certified copy of a birth record must be submitted on an official application(ENGLISH )
(SPANISH). If the application is incomplete it will be returned to you to complete and resubmit. The birth records held in the Yolo County Clerk/Recorder's Office begin in the year 1878.
Requests for a certified copy may be done in person, by mail or by fax.
If the request is for an authorized certified birth certificate and is mailed or faxed, the Certificate of Acknowledgement must be notarized.
Only authorized individuals may receive a certified copy of a birth record. Those persons who are not authorized by law may request a certificate marked "INFORMATIONAL, NOT A VALID DOCUMENT TO ESTABLISH IDENTITY".
If applying for an "Informational" copy, complete the application page only. You are not required to sign under the sworn statement nor have the application notarized.
The law describes authorized individuals as:
- The registrant or a parent or legal guardian of the registrant.
- A party entitled to receive the record as a result of a court order, or an attorney or a licensed adoption agency seeking the birth record in order to comply with the requirements of Section 3140 or 7603 of the Family Code.
- A member of a law enforcement agency or a representative of another governmental agency, as provided by law, who is conducting official business.
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse, or domestic partner of the registrant.
- An attorney representing the registrant or the registrants estate, or any person or agency empowered by statute or appointed by a court to act on behalf of the registrant or the registrants estate.
- Any agent or employee of a funeral establishment acting within the scope of employment who orders certified copies of a death certificate on behalf of any individual specific in paragraphs (1) to (5), inclusive, of subdivision (a) of Family Code Section 7100.
Authorized applicants are required to read the statement and sign it.
Along with your application please include:
- Fee in the form of a check or money order made payable to the Yolo County Clerk/Recorder or the Credit Card Charge Form
- Daytime phone number
- Self Addressed Stamped Envelope for return mailing or pay the "In Lieu of Self Addressed Stamped Envelope" fee of $1.00 .