Voter Action Forms

Help keep Yolo County's voter registration database clean and accurate by using these forms.

Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA)

An eligible citizen may register to vote as UOCAVA voter if they are one of the following:

  1. A member of the active or reserve components of the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard; a Merchant Marine; a member of the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps; a member of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps of the United States; or a member on activated status of the National Guard or state militia.
  2. A citizen of the United States living outside of the territorial limits of the United States or the District of Columbia
  3. A spouse or dependent of a person described in paragraph 1 above.

If you qualify, register to vote on the Secretary of State's website or use the FPCA (Federal Post Card Application) provided by the FVAP (Federal Voting Assistance Program)

Note to service members separating from active duty: You and your family will no longer be covered by UOCAVA. Please go to the California Secretary of State's website.

One-time Vote-by-Mail Application - Mailing Address Change

Use this form to request your vote-by-mail ballot to be mailed to a "one-time" mailing address. This will not change your voter registration record, home address, or regular mailing address. You may use the fillable pdf form or call (530) 666-8133 and the Yolo County Elections Office can make the temporary change over the phone.

Voter Registration Cancellation Request Form

Use this form to remove yourself from the voter rolls. If you move out of Yolo County, have become ineligible to vote, or do not wish to be registered, please complete and return this voter registration cancellation form. The form must be submitted with your signature. When you register to vote in a new county within California, your registration will be cancelled in your previous California county.

Deceased Voter Notification Form

Use this form to let the Yolo County Elections Office know of a deceased voter. To protect the rights of voters, we do not cancel a voter's registration unless we receive a written confirmation. Please complete and return this deceased voter notification form. The form must be submitted with your signature.

Voter Information Guide Opt-Out/Opt-In

Use this form to "Opt-Out" of the mailing of the Yolo County Voter Information Guide or the State Voter Information Guide. By choosing to opt-out of the mailing, you will no longer receive the paper version of the Voter Information Guide (VIG) through the mail. You can opt-out of the State VIG or the County VIG, or restore your mailings using this form. You may also contact our office at (530) 666-8133 and we can send it to you.

Request for Voter Registration Cards for a Registration Drive

Yolo County Elections encourages interested citizens and civic groups to assist us in properly registering voters. The rules regarding voter registration drives are on the Secretary of State's website.

You must pick up the paper voter registration forms (affidavits of registration) at the Yolo County Elections Office at 625 Court St., Woodland, 95695. We will provide you with the Yolo County Voter Registration Statement of Distribution and a Notice of Legal Requirements.

You may download the Statement of Distribution form prior to coming to the Elections Office.