Marriage Records

Only Marriage Records that have been registered in Yolo County are available - if the marriage license was purchased/issued in another county, please contact that county California Clerk/Recorder's Offices.

In the ongoing effort to maintain costs and services, the Yolo County Clerk-Recorder asks that all document requests to be mailed to the customer include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope. In Lieu of the Self Addressed Stamped Envelope the customer may elect to pay $1.00 for return postage which will be added to the document fee total.


Item Fee
Copy of Regular/Confidential Marriage Record $15.00
Copy Marriage for a Government Agency $11.00
Express Mail (Optional) $26.35
Priority Mail (Optional) $6.70

Click Here For Payment Methods

All requests for certified copies of marriage records must include:

  • Full name of First Person (maiden name if applicable)
  • Full name of Second Person (maiden name if applicable)
  • Date of marriage (mm/dd/yy)

Requests for a certified copy may be done in person, by mail or by fax.

Marriage Record Application form may be printed for mailing or faxing your request. Marriage records held by the Yolo County Clerk/Recorder's Office begin in the year 1850.

In-person requests are handled immediately.

Mailed requests are processed within 72 hours of receipt. Mail requests to Yolo County Clerk/Recorder, PO Box 1130, Woodland, California 95776-1130.

Along with your application please include:

  • Fee in the form of a check or money order made payable to the Yolo County Clerk/Recorder or the Credit Card Charge Form
  • Daytime phone number
  • Self Addressed Stamped Envelope for return mailing or pay the "In Lieu of Self Addressed Stamped Envelope" fee of $1.00 .

Faxed order request are processed and mailed the same or next business day. Fax completed applications with signature acknowledgment by a notary public to (530) 666-8109. A Credit Card Charge Form may be faxed along with the application or you can call the office directly at (530) 666-8130 to give the credit card information to a clerk.

The Yolo County Clerk/Recorder's Office does not handle nor hold dissolution(divorce)papers. These documents are processed and held by the Civil Division of the Superior Courts.

At request; the Clerk/Recorder's Office does offers wedding ceremonies performed in languages of English, Spanish & Tagalog